Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving River Getaway Weekend


We once again spent the Thanksgiving holiday weekend at our cabin along the lower Colorado River area. It was a trip I was afraid would not end up happening, since we've been sick for most of the month. Fortunately, we began feeling better. Unfortunately, we could only spend the weekend there instead of the whole four day holiday. Although we had Thursday off, my wife had to work on Friday. So by the time I picked her up from work, I had the Jeep loaded and ready to go and we ended up meeting the rest of our family and friends already there around 9:45 PM. 

Even though I had brought my fishing and hunting gear along, I ended up just laying around and taking it easy. I still hadn't completely recovered from my cold and didn't want to do anything too strenuous. There was a ton good food, great company, and I ended up having a great time with my wife and daughter.

My brother-in-law somehow got his jet boat stuck on a stump. 

My dad to the rescue.

Audrey and I watching the recovery.

Finally floating free of the underwater obstruction.

She just couldn't wait to get into the water.

Are we ready to go yet?

We managed to find a big sandbar downriver.

We all enjoyed ourselves, whether playing paddle ball, horse shoes or just relaxing.




Keeping an eye on our little one.

Lunch time!

Time to head back.

Once back on the lake it was time for some tubing!

Audrey and I relaxing on the dock.

I wasn't going to risk taking a plunge into that ice cold water!



Audrey with her cousins.

The whole gang!

All too soon the weekend came to an end. Looking forward to next time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are some awesome pics!