Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ocotillo & Anza Borrego 4Wheelin' May 11th, 2012


Thursday night I got an invite from Steve to run a few trails around Ocotillo with a few friends. The plan was to explore some difficult trails so I left my stock Jeep behind and road along with Steve in his Lexus LX 450. We left Alpine around 6:30 Friday morning, heading out east along I-8. After meeting up with Rob and Marty (I believe I remembered their names correctly) in their Jeeps (Unlimited JK & TJ) we decided to hit up a nearby rocky canyon. Afterwards we drove into Anza Borrego to Dos Cabezas, Peppercorn Slot, Jojoba Wash, and Carrizo Creek.

Crossing the old San Diego & Eastern Arizona railroad tracks past Sugerloaf Mountain.


Getting tougher...

I like the way this TJ was setup. 2" lift on 33" meats with rear locker.

This 4door JK did very well on 3 inches of lift and limited-slip.



We had to turn back here.

Almost made it!









Ending the day with some cold ones at the Lazy Lizard.

No comments: