Saturday, December 31, 2016

Hike #52 San Jacinto Peak

52 Hike Challenge 2016 Adventure Series

20 miles | +4500'






My first time up San Jacinto and my 52nd hike of 2016! Last year I completed a total of 55 hikes, so it looks like I'm well ahead of myself this year. Getting outside, away from the business of my daily life has allowed me to connect with myself and nature in a way that brings about peace, a sense of accomplishment, and well-being. John Muir knew what he was talking about when he said, “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.”


This was by far my most difficult day hike. From Humber Park in Idyllwild, up Devils Slide Trail to Saddle Junction, left on the PCT to Wellman Divide and up San Jacinto Peak. Then down to Little Round Valley along Deer Springs Trail to Strawberry Junction, left on the PCT to pick it up where I left off and back down Devils Slide. Next time I'm taking the short route!

No comments: